From: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
[mailto:legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of James
Fadenrecht
Sent: Thursday, 2 October 2014 2:32 AM
To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: New Owner of a Woodchuck MA - Need documentation

I finally had a chance to take some pictures.  From the conversation and
seeing the pictures and videos you have provided, I believe my MA has a odd
setup to it.  The lead screw is driving a gear and chain setup rather then
the direct gear drive I've seen in pictures.  Also, the router table doesn't
have an attachment for it to connect to the lead screw, so I wouldn't be
able to run X & Y directions at the same time.  Also, I'm use to seeing a
three for four jaw chuck to mount the wood for turning.  I have a live
spindle at one end, but just a plate at the other.  Is there a special MA
chuck that should be there? I do have a couple of boxes of gears, many with
indexing holes and also some small aluminum extruded channels connected at
the ends.  I assume these are to connect between the rods on the machine for
some purpose.  Take a look at my machine and see what else may be unusual.
I'm all ears for what I need to do to get this tool going and if I'm missing
some vital parts.  Let me know if you need pictures of the various parts
(gears, etc.) to make sense of what I have and don't have.  Any help is much
appreciated.

  _____