https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3hnPsUmycw

perhaps he could get ShopNotes V20 No. 115;

Bill

From: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
[mailto:legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of CURTIS GEORGE
Sent: Sunday, 2 November 2014 7:52 AM
To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Drive Motor Dayton 4Z128B or 4Z381A

You know,  Legacy is more than a machine, its a state of mind. ;-)

Alex. especially  where you LIVE, buying a Legacy Ornamental mill will be hard
and expensive , I would suggest that you take the information you can find here
and try to make your own machine..Or find someone who is willing to sell you
there's and buy it second hand.

Its to bad that Legacy dose not sell a kit machine (like they did when that
started selling there equipment.)  Honestly the gears and head stock are the
hardest parts to make, everything else can or could be found in the internet, A
product/ company like 80/20 or Uni-Strut,  could sell you the rails and.all the
other parts needed to make the rest of the machine at a pretty fair price. Or
if you Could find an old steel lathe and modify that with a router , True it
would not be the same, but.... When there is a will there is always a way.A old
steel lathe has most of the same parts. and if you are real good, you could
figure out how to make your own gears and parts to do everything that any
Ornamental machine can do.

Always try to remember one basic concept here, "Its the man who makes the art,
not the machine." No matter how Cool that machine may be, its still the person
using it that gets the job done. ;-)

Have a great day.

C.A.G.

  _____