have a lot of experience on this subject, as every piece of machinery
in our shop is on wheels...with some weighing in at over 1,000 lbs.-plus,
including our oliver, 12 ft. pattern maker's lathe(over 2,000 lbs!)...if
you are not going to be moving the machine frequently, and it has a good
amount of weight to it, stay away from a rubber wheel...it can develop a
flat spot if sitting for a long period of time...rubber is quieter though,
if that is a concern...so  a polyethylene wheel will solve that
issue...next you want double row, ball bearings, with a grease fitting, on
the "truck" of the caster, with the bearing raceways  set up so the balls
can never come out from the sides...somewhat like a protective
hood...finally, and this is a must, you want needle bearings on the wheel
axel, and again, with a grease fitting...if you like, I can post some
photos here of our equipment...let me know...joe