  From: CURTIS GEORGE
  To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, May 07, 2016 6:24 PM
  Subject: Re: New legacy headstock

  Hello Jon
  Can you show us some more on those linear bearings on your carriage assembly.
 Ive been playing around with the same ideas, of using a flat (low profile)
rail that would fit into the extruded alum. have you found any problems with
the saw dust building up, with those bearings? The only problems with this idea
is first the price, and secondly, How Murphy proof is this idea.( Murphy's
laws.Any thing that can go wrong, Will go wrong. )

  I'm sorry I don't want to swipe this topic, please send me an e-mail at
curtgeo...@wowway.com   This head-stock topic is to good to rune.

  I have been a big fan of re-designing the head-stock on the Legacy for a
while. Tim's bushings idea is an easy fix, and one where you can buy  your own
parts at any hardware store nation wide.
  Although I think Ball bearings are a better choice, over bushings. The idea
of going with a smaller shaft would make things much easier, for anyone, who
wants to make there own equipment and keep the original machine more or less
the same as went they bough it.