From: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
[mailto:legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Don W.
Sent: Thursday, 16 February 2017 9:26 PM
To: Legacy Ornamental Mills
Subject: Re: Accurate setup

I have the exact same results with my 1200 LOM.  I believe it has do with the
router not being exactly perpendicular to the rotating stock.  The side that
has the ridge requires to be shimmed up.  By that, I mean placing shim stock
between the router and the router sled.  I will be working on this on the
upcoming weekend.  When I mill to round a stock, I slowly move the router and
quickly rotate the stock with the rotation coming from under the router bit and
have the router slightly off center.  This results in a spiral all the way down
the stock.  BTW, I have found a large tablet at Staples with a square grid
pattern (close but not exactly 1"x1") that I use for drawing out the object to
be milled.  I use the bit template downloaded from this site to trace out the
pattern.  Not as good as having the Plexiglas, but is works.

Sincerely,

Don W.