From: CURTIS GEORGE
Sent: Apr 23, 2017 8:53 PM
To: Legacy-Ornamental-Mills
Subject: Fwd: indexing hub modification

Hello Everyone
I thought today was going to be a play day. sadly I was wrong, my wife had my day all planed out, Yard work. removing the old shrubs in the front and re-working the hole front yard.

"Man" I am glad tomorrow is Monday,  I don't think I could handle another day like today again. at least at work I get two 15 min. breaks and an 1/2 hour for lunch for an 8 hour day. No such luck here! ;-(
I know Expect the Greater Re Ward ...

Any How , Now that the sun is down I can go out a play in the shop some.

Which brings up the indexing hub modification.
I got a milk container full of wood spindles out of the garbage last week. Its nothing special just  popular spindles, that the centers have already been drilled out.
These spindles have a 1/4" hole on both ends, So what I did was to drill out a center of one of my indexing hubs and taped it for a 1/4"-20 screw.  The 1/4" screw fits the hole (centering the hub) and with just one or two screws I can have a spindle ready for ether my Legacy or lathe in min.'s.
Sometimes the simple things are the best!

Any how here are a few pix.

Please let my know what you think?