First of all Thanks for the videos Russ. I like the idea of a faceplate
mounted on the lathe that you showed. How fast should I run a 12 " disc ??.
I am doing up an old Myford ML 2 lathe to use as a small wood work /sander.
It has an old flat pulley set up --lots  of gears missing.
My Rotary Tables I have one I made for my woodchuck and a proper Legacy
one  on my Revo.
I drilled 1/8"  holes dead center in them, I then use a long 1/8" rod about
six inches long pointed that I push up from underneath for centering
objects that have a small detent underneath.
If the rod sticks up high enough to see the point go into the detent all I
then need to do is lower object down onto the table.
Hope you can understand my ramblings
Richard