Welcome aboard Ira

What part of the world are you from?  As a furniture builder, you are going to love all the things you will be able to offer your clientele that your competitors, or even you now, just couldn't offer.  Have a good read of all the posts thus far and write down questions.  Further reading may answer those questions but you may come up with some good ones for the group.   play with some scrap wood, the learning curve isn't as steep as you may think.  It sounds like you already have the most important part accomplished.  You are a craftsman willing to learn.

Mike OK