Ok guys,  here's some unedited video of my cutter on it's first run.  Every
thing about the setup is temporary.  Even my technique was kind of poor since I
was just free handing the shapes I really did not know where I was going.
That's strange for me since most of my turnings all start from plans and I have
specific numbers that I'm trying to hit.  Any way, the base being almost 10lbs
is vibration free and it floats really nicely on the melamine shelf.  I see a
little tearout in the walnut but that could be my technique.  I need to watch
the direction I'm cutting in much more closely.  I also need to go back and
watch Mike's video again.  I'm thinking I want the cutter going in the
direction of the cut so the grain is always supported.  Same technique as using
a gouge or spindle.  In otherwords, cutting up hill should not be recommended.
I will say it's pretty effortless turning and might suit people who have hand
control issues.  Warning, there is nothing exciting in these videos.   Just
time wasted from your busy life.  It's close to watching paint dry :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kLfYhcSdcghttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_S7a9u7kEQhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiJpjfDi4dEhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q03R6oHpZHYhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFamCOWGeRk
 Let me know what you think and I thank you both for your support on this.  I
still need to make some templates and make some actual parts.  -Tim