Just a quick hello to introduce my self.

I live in western Washington here is the U.S. of A. and I design and build
stuff.
I have owned a Larken CNC Router or Camtool 24R as they are known for about
five years.  I've added an alcohol misting system so I can fairly reliably
cut aluminum parts.  I also own a little Sherline CNC lathe/mill for
fabricating small parts.  Although I mainly build or modify tools and carve
things out of wood.

I was actual looking for a second hand planer when I ran across an
Ornamental Mill for sale on the mighty Craig's List.  Thinking I might be
able to semi-convert it to CNC and use it in production work I gambled on
the purchase.  Hopeful I was not to foolish?

Anybody ever make a guitar neck on one of these babies?

I have not actual called Legacy the company, but their website claims to no
longer support these older non-CNC mills.  So that has me a bit worried as
there are some parts that seem destine to ware out.

Anyway I am excited to see what this machine can do and as I am new to
Google Groups and the Ornamental Mill it may take me some time to navigate
and formulate the questions I have.

Thanks to all of you who freely share your knowledge as you represent the
best of the internet!

-Tim Petersen