Hello Mark. Welcome to the group.
Home improvement is a good way to get started. But I do highly rec-emend that
you "PLAY" with your Legacy before you plan to "WORK" with it. Using scrap
wood, cut-off's/shorts, even fire wood is a good choice to start with.  The
Legacy has a small learning curve that needs to be understood before you start
"Working" with the machine, I mean, Why waist good wood to learn all the small
things that may go wrong. Once you understand how the machine works, then you
can see, all the ways That you,can , perhaps? make it work better.Live and
Learn, is not a bad adage, But to do things correctly is (or should be)
our/your main Goals. ;-)
One more tid-bit. The Legacy and the lathe will work very well together, each
has its own strong points.
talk to you more latter.
C.A.G.
    On Thursday, November 29, 2018, 12:37:31 AM EST, Mark <mark...@gmail.com>