To all,

I am making a mailbox post and looking to make it from cedar. Do any of you
have experience with cedar on the LOM?  What can I do to minimize the
splitting?  I am making a trial piece now using construction 2x6's glued up
to make a 5" x 5" post.  It is splitting like crazy and I know cedar is not
any better about splitting. I'm fairly new to using the LOM. I've had it a
couple of years, just haven't used it much at all.  Other, bigger fish to
fry or something like that.

I chose cedar because it will be outside and cedar is good for that.  I'm
open for any suggestions though.

If I use cedar, how can I achieve the best result on the LOM?  Same
question for any other wood that might be suggested.

Thank you very much for whatever help you can give me,

Jim Riggen