https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pho3O_MVOBQ

Bill

From: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
[mailto:legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of MWF
Sent: Wednesday, 6 February 2019 7:40 AM
To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
Subject: Giving steel a black "patina" w/linseed oil - Scrapwood Challenge -
Mallet

Tim & others,

I saw the process demonstrated on a "project" the guy was making on "Scrapwood
Challenge".

Here is a link to that video:

https://www.scrapwoodchallenge.com/projects/categories/tools

Of course, we would use our LOMs to turn the mallet head and get the handle
shaped.  Also should be able to mortise the mallet head for the handle hole as
well as drill out the head's 2 faces to accept washers/weights and the rolled
up leather.

Consequently, this Challenge Project is very germane to our LOM Group's
discussions. (I can't wait to see how big of a mallet Joe fabricates - probably
a 2-handed one!)  LoL!

Have fun & Enjoy!

Mac

  _____