here is an opinion, and I have set up several machines with controllers,
frequency drives, relays, etc., in the past... whether this is a usable
controller or not,due to its three phase configuration, it is still not of
great benefit to the group... it's availability is as a one piece unit
only, not as one of many pieces that the seller has to offer...for now it
is  available on ebay and at what is  a great price... but be forewarned, a
lot of electronics in this unit and if all is not good and/or not knowing
if there is still a long life left to the unit, it could be money not well
spent... there are the same units on sale on ebay for $260 +/-... so if you
rig your machine up to run with this unit and it fails, you might be put
into a position to replace it, and be forced to pay the full retail
price... what I think we need to do is find the ideal DC controller that is
cost effective, easy to install, definitely single phase(either 120V or
220V input),  reliably available at any time any group member would need
it... I have a number of controllers on line in the $30 range... they are
rated at 400 watts... I do not have access to my Legacy during the week, so
perhaps someone could look at their spindle drive motor and pass along the
horse power info as well as the wattage info... if these particular
controllers or not rated high enough to do the job, then we can look for
others... and I would assume we should all consider sticking with the
gearmotor Legacy originally used, as that would make it easy for everyone
out in Legacy land to use a controller that was found to work, as well as
anyone who is considering adding that upgrade to their machine... just a
few thoughts and opinions... here is the link to the 400watt (3.5 amps +/-)
unit...
https://www.amazon.com/24V-90V-Controller-Electric-Regulator-Permanent/dp/B076KPP92X

… this unit is strictly 110v input, but the price is excellent, but again,
assuming 400watts is sufficient... Joe B.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/legacy-ornamental-mills/2e8a2d47-d18c-460b-adc6-762bf13e4acd%40googlegroups.com.