​So, to CNC or not to CNC, that is the question.
The answer is simple, do you have the money and the time to invest and what or
where are the benefits. If you are a business then that is what you look at.
Now if you are a hobbyist it is the same set of questions but there may well be
pressures coming from different areas.
Kid your self not, any hobby when it gets serious cost time and money. I spend
my time turning wood, I don't sell anything that I make, well I did once and it
was a clock which made $40.00.  I have yet to find a hobby that once you take
it up does not have an on-going cost.
Now I don't have a Legacy because quite honestly I would not get the use out,
in fact I swapped mine for a NOVA DVR-XP Lathe plus space in my 12' by 16'
workshop is very tight.
Now since Legacy got into CNC and I remember Andy arriving at my local railway
station with his Red Neck Luggage (cardboard boxes done up with rope and gaffer
tape), his description not mine, containing the first ever Legacy CNC up-grade
kit for my manual 900 demo machine. Because back then I was his agent in Europe
and the Rest of the World. There was blood, sweat and tears to get that beast
working back then and Andy did and it was demoed at a show in London for the
following three days.
Over time the pain has been taken out of CNC but the cost has not. Yes, I know
you can buy cheap Chinese CNC machines but that is not a route that I would
take, but each to his own.
The real cost is in providing the software design files required to get that
end result, a piece of wood that you designed.  When it comes to software you
have costs, both the initial design software cost and the upgrades that follow
every year, then learning how to use it, and finally the time taken to produce
every new design.
Buy cheap, by twice is one mantra I have heard many times and I think they are
wise words. Given that the kit you are considering is over 10 years old and no
support is available, whether it should be or not is a whole new subject and
many on this group know where I stand, then I would forget it.
Keep on turning the handle.
Cheers
Roger
​