If I were to make star knobs on the Legacy, I think Curt's method would be
the best way.  The only difference is I might use a spiral rope bit instead
of a cove bit or straight bit to round off all the edges a bit (might save
some on sanding).  With that being said, the Legacy (or lathe) are not the
way I would make star knobs.  A hole saw, a paddle bit, a simple "star knob
jig" (lots of examples on YouTube), and a drill press would be a lot
faster, easier, and a whole lot less saw dust :>).  The drill press is
optional, You could use a hand drill instead,
Still, that was an interesting video, thanks Curt.
Russ