I hope you mean this as a joke? Both examples are copying a version of what is
known as a “Toe Clamp” taken from the machinist folks.  They are just another
tool to be able to hold items down low to machine off the top surface.

In my humble opinion, Legacy’s looks inspired from a vise stop. That is  small
clamp that you clip on a kurt style vice to be able to relocate a part once
moved from out of the vise.

It might even been inspired by a “rule-stop” designed to clip onto rulers.

So I’m going with you’re just trying to kick up some new chat!

Look up Harold Hall and “low profile clamp” and get inspired.

-Tim