From: 'Curt George' via Legacy Ornamental Mills
<legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, June 13, 2020 8:17 AM
To: Legacy ornamental mills
Subject: Re: Want to put a motor my 1200

Hello Again.  This topic should stand on its own.

I feel a motor drive is a must for any Legacy owner.
I originally did not by a motor drive for my machine, I felt it was to
expensive and I did not need it.  I was WONG on both accounts.  Granted I DID
not by form Legacy, I did make my own, the Motor makes the Legacy into a much
better machine.
Here are some pix. of my motor.
As you can see I did not mount my motor as Legacy did, (on the end of the acme
screw.) The main reason was this motor was almost free, and its size is to big
to fit on my Legacy, So I modified it .  Its a 90 volt DC gear motor. 82-1 gear
ratio. max. speed is something like 40 rpm. (which is was faster than I will
ever use on my machine.)  The gear's and chain are from an Audi timing chain (I
picked up second hand form my auto garage shop.) I made one limit switch. (not
shown)  All the wire is Home Depot speaker wire.

As you can see, there are more than one way to do almost anything. and you
don't have to spend a lot of money to get the job done.

Talk to you more latter.
C.A.G.

On Saturday, June 13, 2020, 10:48:34 AM EDT, Curt George