When my youngest child was about 10 years old.  I made a wardrobe (closet
for her American Girl doll), that I modify from a woodworking magazine.
There was one part in particular that was cutting out  that was like 2
inches by 1 inches.  I revested the measurement.  I repaired it with a
piece that I made as a patch.  Then I promptly made the same mistake
again.  This September, when the covid numbers were low in Colorado, my
wife and I drove 16 1/2 hours to their house.  They have 2 boys, so on the
way back I drove the wardrobe back home and gave it to one of my
granddaughters for her American girl doll that she received from my older
daughter.  It still looks like it did the day I built it.  I wished I dated
it when I made it because I did not think that it still would be around
more than 20 years later.  (I did not look for the mistake that I made).

Take care.

My main concern, if though I make mistakes, I still have 1o fingers.

Harvey