From: Tim Ziegler
Sent: Dec 26, 2020 7:13 AM
To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: MERRY CRISTMAS

Hey Bill, and others that don't get to enjoy the good things in life.

Fishing 101

I actually take the very scientific approach to fishing and when it's safe.

I listen to the ice thickness reports and once I see plenty of others out fishing I get brave and go. lol

I'm not big about standing in the cold either so I have a potable 6 X 8 portable (folding) Clam brand fish house.

I have gas power auger, to cut the holes and once we've drilled the first hole or so we clean out the ice fragments
with a ice skimmer or scoop.

Here is where I can technically measure the ice. I have an extremely accurate measuring device to get the exact thickness
of the Ice. My handle for my ice skimmer. If I cant reach the bottom edge of the ice with the skimmer I feel pretty confident
the ice is thick enough to support my vehicle and us along with our equipment.

We do walk out from time to time if we start fishing early enough in the season and the lakes are not so big
that you can't see across the lake.

So once the first hole is drilled we set up the house and pull it over the first hole mark the rest fo the hole with the
auger, move the house off, drill the rest of the hole, clean them out with skimmer and pull the house the back over
the holes and now we are ready.

Then I light my SunFlower heater set that up and commence setting up the jig sticks (ice fishing rods).

find the depth of the water with a another super scientific measuring device a lead weight with a clip on it to clamp on the
hook I'm using. Send it down to the bottom of the lake then pull it up using the spread of my arms to
measure what we refer to as arm lenghts. Most people know their height and your arm lengths from tip to tip should
be close to your height and if count arm lengths you now know how deep the water is there.

 Now we slide our bobbler up approx 2 feet  so your hook dangles about 2 feet from the bottom, bait the hooks with either minnow's of wax worms.
Let the hook and line into water and comence fishing. Jigging from time to time to entice the fish to bit your hook.

Now pour your coffee, grab your chips or snacks and enjoy.

Fishing 101 explained in a short form lol.