Hello Everyone.
Nice photo.
Bill your hollow/ core box idea is a good one, Another suggestion is to put
another spindle inside the first, and if you reverse the pitches (the one
inside and the outer pitch.) it makes a very neat contrast that is hard to
figure out how it was carved. ;-)  another bonus would be that the center will
also support the outer.  I would bet this spindle has a lot of movement/play in
it, and would break if pushed or twisted in the wrong direction. something we
would not want to chance.
Nice Work Bret.Thanks Bill for posting.
C.A.G.
    On Tuesday, February 16, 2021, 12:09:33 PM EST, Tim Ziegler