Good morning MichaelAs always you are on the mark, here.If you are getting
into turning for the sake of making money, Pen's are not the way to go. There
are many reasons why people like to make pens,  But if you are looking to make
money, you needto make something that either people want or need.Now Its not
easy work, and I am not saying you can make money now, but if you want to make
money, Pool sticks can make money fast.I've made some money in the past in
Antique repair,  or better said, making parts for those how want part for
broken chairs, table legs, or making banister part for stair case repair. and
there is always roped molding for window casings.  All you need to do, is Do a
good job. and to get your name out there for people to know about you.I did a
job a few years ago for a fence company. I took some of there fence posts and
turned finals on top of there posts.  That was easy work. they supplied the
wood, all that I needed to do was turn some 50 posts for a yard picked fence.
Now I did not go anywhere on this idea (only did  this one job). But I know if
I had tried, there are a lot of fence company's out there, who are looking for
something more like, what use to be. Quality in there business's.
There are ways to make money out there. It just takes work. and finding a
product that you can do, that someone wants.   EASY Right? ;-P
Who knows, If you do the very highest quality work in making pens, there may be
someone out there who is willing to pay you to make them?
Having said that, I do know of a easy pen that cost almost nothing to make,
which is a good gift maker.
turning sold pen, and using bic. pen insert's.  $3.00 can make you some 15
pens. that people like .
HUMM? perhaps I could make some bone pens? Or,  Maybe just one?  We will see...
;-)
Have a good day.
C.A.G.
    On Thursday, June 3, 2021, 07:47:41 AM EDT, Michael Kratky