From: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
<legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Tim Ziegler
Sent: Sunday, 19 December 2021 3:00 PM
To: LOM Group <legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Lathe & LOM turning

Thanks Bill

I did put chuck up a 1 1/16 dowel in my collet chuck and tested the centering.
I did put a dimple

in the tail end to run the tail stock up to it but hoping thats not always
needed. I seen it was not running

true so loosened slightly and rotated a few degrees and then re-tightened the
collet nut and slide the

tail stock up to it lightly and it turns pretty accurate now. I ran a simple
concave in to the dowel to see

how uniform the turn was and it was much much better then trying to chuck up in
the big chuck.

On Sat, Dec 18, 2021 at 9:07 PM <bulke...@mmnet.com.au