I love using gauge blocks no math no worries I just sit the appropriate
gauge block on against the saddle mark a line with a thin white board
marker then slide the saddle up to the mark I don’t even use a stop a lot
of the time I been using that method for years now, way to go curt finding
a cheap way to make some gauge blocks I bought mine they were aluminium and
not that expensive.

Bill