Thanks for the idea on the xtream I just put one on order.  It solves a
number of problems for me and my setup.  As far as testing goes my
professional life is centered around product development and quality so I
am "trained" to continually try new things looking for improvements.  To me
it is half the fun.  With the dust shields the bag is not really helpful
and will probably be removed eventually.  It does help catch the chips
which I put in brown lunch bags to use as fire starters in my woodstove.  i
also use the chips mixed with paraffin for firestarters.  I don't like to
waste much if I don't have to.  I see this LOM as similar to the chop saw
in that it is a sawdust monster with not too many good ideas of how to
control it.  Anything that forces chips down vs out/up is an improvement in
my book.  Either way I still wear a nice 3M dual canister mouth/nose filter
whenever I run the LOM or in he past my sawmill/chainsaw mill.

On Sunday, February 12, 2023 at 9:46:24 PM UTC-6 Tim Ziegler wrote:

> you will never go back to the old chuck if you add the extension. Once you
> get the chuck in its sweet spot you have a friend for life.
> I got them on all my LOM"s
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Timothy J. Ziegler
> Ziegler WoodWork & Specialty
> 14171 160th Ave.
> Foreston MN 56330
>
> 320-294-5798 <(320)%20294-5798> shop
> 320-630-2243 <(320)%20630-2243> cell
>
> On Sun, Feb 12, 2023 at 8:26 PM Mike Newman <mrnew...@outlook.com> wrote:
>
>> That router bit adapter looks interesting.  I have seen a few videos
>> online that show that accessory in action.  Also my thin stock design is
>> the problem.  It is an upward facing V which is simple in concept but can
>> catch sawdust and force it behind the material.  There is another thread
>> that already has photos of my design.  I may be able to add sawdust
>> clearing slots to the current design, but now that I have the material I
>> can easily make a legit Legacy type version.
>>
>> On Sunday, February 12, 2023 at 6:39:08 PM UTC-6 bulk...@mmnet.com.au
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Can you please post a pic of your thin stock support it may be the
>>> design you used causing you problems
>>>

>>> Bill

>>> 4 sides of the router sled to minimize throwing chips outside of the