hello Michael,                      nice to hear from you... approximately how
far would you say you are from Port Jervis, NY?... that is where I keep my
Legacy and other misc. items... Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: Owner <krat...@roadrunner.com>
To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
Sent: Thu, Feb 23, 2023 4:59 pm
Subject: Re: LOM for sale

Hey Joe I’m in upstate NY 120 miles+ above the Big Apple and my mill sets idle
also.
Michael Kratky119 Riverview Rd., Northville, N.Y. 12134
518 863-2821text 518 207-7247
Email;krat...@roadrunner.com

On Feb 23, 2023, at 4:35 PM, 'finu...@aol.com' via Legacy Ornamental Mills
<legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com> wrote:
<msimon twig dresser.jpg>
hey guys... finances are in the crapper, so need to keep working... plan now is
to go to I'm 71(currently 68)... haven't used my Legacy in a very long time...
it's in upstate NY, 120 miles away so I don't even have a chance to "play" with
it(and I do have some interesting ideas)... went to the society of Ornamental
Turners open house a week or so ago in Port Chester NY... quite a unique
experience... a lot of Holtzapffel's and Rose Engine lathes... all on display,
all there for members to play with... very far advanced than our Legacy's...
but with strict size restrictions... wish I had the time to play with the
Legacy and make some large scale items with high details... similar to what a
Holtzapffel can do but on a much larger scale... some of the guys there are
wound up pretty tight and almost all that I spoke to readily admitted that it
is not a money making endeavor... it is a hobby first and foremost.... some
incredibly beautiful things can be made with the equipment they have but at the
expense of perhaps hundreds of hours to do it... I personally feel the
challenge we all face is not to have the most sophisticated or accessorized
machine(a computerized machine can put us all to shame!), it is knowing what to
design so that we can then use our equipment to make it and then wowing anyone
who takes the time to see it... anyway I thought I would post a piece we just
finished for a decorator and client... carvings are hand done and were carved
off the cabinet so they are very 3-dimensional... drawer handles are
intertwined with the carvings... carvings are 23K water gilt and burnished real
gold leaf(no oil size here) with a striaided lacquer background... and this is
in a small entry foyer right off the passenger elevator... to give you an idea
of what an expensive piece like this was given such an insignificant
location... been following all of the posts and have to say the idea of 3D
printing the gears in plastic is not a long term viable option in my opinion...
metal is the only way to go... and if it turns out to be a bit pricey, well
then that's the way it is... whether Legacy does it or some other outside
source... get your order into Legacy now, bite the bullet and pay the price and
simply be patient... regards to all... Joe BiunnoOn Thursday, February 23, 2023