I have had ShopSmith bandsaws in my shop as long as I've had a wood shop,
which amounts to over 50 years, IIRC. Until I got a big bandsaw about 15
years ago (which has bearings) the ShopSmith did everything but resaw
work.  Now the SS does the finer work. Having set the scene, I have no
ambition to put bearings on the little saw. I wear the teeth off before
anything else happens and I don't notice the blade getting hot. I've had
the current saw some 40 years and have yet to change out the blocks.  Set
correctly and used gently, they last nigh on forever. IMHO bearings on a
small saw are over rated, so it's a matter of personal preference. It's
really hard to imagine how bearings would work on a 1/8" bandsaw blade.
DanK