Nice work curt cant wait to see what you come up with to continue to make those
and more again

Bill

From: 'Curt George' via Legacy Ornamental Mills
<legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2023 10:09 AM
To: Legacy ornamental mills <legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com>
Subject: New project in the works.

Hello Everyone.

I am in the process of making a new template follower for my 1000ex.

Over the years I've modified my template follower a number of time. Each time

learning and improving the original design.  I state this to the fact that many
in the

group are new, and have not see the modifications that have been done.

(If anyone would like I can post some old photos of these mod.?)

But at this time, I will just go over the goals of this new MOD.

To start off , my legacy was modified to work on linear rail back in 2020. And
my Carriage was also

modified to give me a longer depth of cut, over the original Legacy design.
Having said this

My Legacy no longer looks like what most of you all own. Because/due to this
MOD, I can no longer

use the template follower in the same way as I used to do.

My plan it to make the follower work form a table that is in the front of the
Legacy (working side, not the back side as originally made.) I find working
form the front makes everything more user friendly.

Now WHY go through all the troubles in Modifying the template follower for the
Legacy, When it is the least used tool on the Legacy?

I find that using the template follower gives the Legacy an ability that most
people would only dream of.

Giving the Legacy the ability to follow a profile/shape, as well as other
design elements that can not be easily

done on other machines. (It dose not make the Legacy into a copy lathe, meaning
it dose NOT make exact copies of an object, but it dose add a lot of similar
possibility's to the Legacy, that you can not get else-ware.)

I will stop here and show some old works that I done using the follower on my
Legacy. Perhaps Latter we can

then talk about more possibility's that the Legacy can do, and perhaps, explore
some new ideas?

talk to you all more latter.

Have a good night.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/legacy-ornamental-mills/527848055.4098774.1694390918918%40mail.yahoo.com