Nice 👍

Jeff from Connecticut
Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 16, 2023, at 8:44 PM, cdkr...@gmail.com <cdkra...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi everyone.
Here is a screen shot of the ratio and tooth count calculator I've been working on.  You work from lead screw TPI to workpiece TPI.
Here's how it works:
1. the green areas are data entry.
2. the pink areas are calculated
There are some restrictions on tooth counts that will limit driver choices to a range that will fit on the banjo.  If a tooth count in one cell results in a non-integer count in another cell, it complains and tells you.  Working the matrix from top to bottom, you will have to use some math skills to find factors of numbers to use in the fraction boxes. (see example).  It will allow you to enter other factors if needed, in this example 2 and 6 instead of 3 and 4. It should be easy to feel confident your choices are workable because it will complain if not. Then you can enter (reasonable) tooth counts and the other side of the tooth count will be calculated.  No poke and hope.

<Capture.JPG>
This is a screen shot.  I will shortly post the working copy if it looks interesting to just one person!
DanK