From: <legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Jan 10, 2024 9:36 AM
To: Legacy Ornamental Mills <legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: clock

and thus, the reason why Legacy dropped the manual machines... let's remember
Legacy's ideal market was/is to people who are doing commercial, billable
woodworking... the hobbyist/amateur woodworking market was not going to get
them where they wanted to go... although I would comment that the one thing you
never see mentioned in any CNC demo video is how much time it takes to make the
program... certainly quicker if you have computer skills(not me!... LOL!)...
but the older machines do have a use for certain operations, even at a
commercial level(me, for example) when doing low quantity furniture parts...
and I might think that for a lot in this group, the challenges of using the
manual machine is what it's all about... if it was possible to set up the work,
hit a button, walk away and have lunch, come back later and the job was done,
the work would not be as rewarding as when overcoming the challenges of using a
manual machine... with all of that being said, I am somewhat glad I will be
leaving the woodworking business in a few years(hopefully!) and won't have to
butt heads with my (button pushing)competitors!... hope all enjoyed the
holidays!... your lurking group member, Joe Biunno