Wanted to point out if new router but hit a knot its likely to microchip.
Ideally sand the knots?

So to level a slab I would have to crosscut both sides with a core box,
ball nose bit (half of a ball instead of flat end mill)

Both sides, let it settle for a year ideally, then sand/plane the little
ledges left by bullnose.

If you have a crosscut sled table saw with dado it's same idea upside down,
or a track saw if set/shimmed correctly.

Crosscutting save time having to identify grain direction with none helical
cutters. Also relief internal tension.

But all this takes too long, just don't hit a knot and tear out too much,
sand to hide flaw.. ask customer which side he prefers before putting too
much work on one side.