From: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
<legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of M.W.Foscue
Sent: Friday, 30 August 2024 3:14 PM
To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: LOM Model 500 for sale

Richard,

Using it as an "ornamental mill" is one possibility.

On the other hand, with "Slab Tables", Slab/Live Edge Shelves" being quite
popular - the 500 could certainly be employed as a "slab flattener".

Do you still have the LOM 1500?

Guys like Curtis, "Down Under Bill", and ZZ Tim (cousin to ZZ Top) can all give
you advice on how to make that function work with the 500.    For instance you
could make a "Slab Killer" that NY Joe (Biuno) would envy.   Use the 1500's
long rails to allow flattening of really long boards and marry it with the long
rails from the 500 to allow you to flatten really w-i-d-e boards - using them
to support the router unit - essentially making the 500's rails be the gantry
housing the router.

Best of luck to ya!

Mac

  _____