I found a while ago that I had inadvertently misspelled a place name or made a slight alteration, creating extra, inaccurate, entries. I was thrilled to find that you can go to View>Master Lists>Location and perform a "find" for words in the name of the place that has multiple entries, and either choose or create an accurate one, then merge all the others into that one. It works!
Judie ________________________________________ From: Greenvale [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Saturday, June 24, 2006 4:55 PM To: [email protected] Subject: [LegacyUG] Global Find and Replace * Replies will be sent through Spamex to [email protected] * For additional info click -> www.spamex.com/i/?v=10251942 Can anyone tell me if there is a way to replace all occurrences of a place name and correct the spelling and add the county, or does one have to find each occurrence and correct and modify each individually? Bill Legacy User Group guidelines can be found at: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp To find past messages, please go to our searchable archives at: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/ For online technical support, please visit http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp To unsubscribe please visit: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/LegacyLists.asp

