I like to be able to see the census family easily - not just the census individual, so I do put the whole census family into the Notes of the Event Screen.

And that's exactly how I did it - back and forth to the preview of the individual report. Marking varies methods with x's and y's so that I could enter several, then go look at how they turned out in the report, and still know which was which.

Janis
----- Original Message ----- From: "Nicholas Cirillo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Friday, June 30, 2006 4:49 PM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] sourcing census

Janis,
That seems to do the trick. Do I understand you put
the detail transcription of the census line or family
group in the Notes?
I find that checking the preview of the Individual
report helps formatting but this is all very time
comsuming.
Nick Cirillo

--- Janis Gilmore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I have experimented, off and on, over the last two
days with the sourcing
for census data (probably a model for other sourcing
in my database.

I have come up with a method that approximates the
Elizabeth Shown Mills
standard, I think. It doesn't use a lot of the info
boxes available in the
Master Source or the Source Detail screens - but
depends mostly on typing it
exactly as I want it to print - into the Source
Detail Text screen.

I would like to hear from some of the more
experienced users about whether
or not they see pitfalls in this method.

In the Event Screen I put:
    Event name: 1850 Census [I have events for each
census year]
for whom event is
entered, although not head of household]