This I fear was more than a surge protector <G> I need one of those battery things that gives you enough time to shut down normally but they are so expensive
I was in the East Coast thunderstorms in the USofA <G> it was a beaut!

Eliz

On 7/4/06, ronald ferguson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Sorry Eliz, but almost certainly not. For the future I would suggest that
you get surge protection on the electical socket - it costs very little. If
you are referring to the storm around Manchester UK I was directly under it
for a while and just unplugged the phone line. There was a flash break in
the electrics but no harm done.

Ron Ferguson



_______________________________________

For Genealogy, Software and Social visit:
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fergys/
*New Blogs: Legacy Search & Use Open Office*
Includes the family tree for Alan J Grimshaw
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fergys/Grimshaw/
_______________________________________





>From: "Eliz Hanebury" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Reply-To: [email protected]
>To: [email protected]
>Subject: [LegacyUG] Loss of data
>Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 20:06:53 -0400
>
>I didn't get my pc shut down in time last night when the thunder and
>lightening came thru and the resultant loss of Electric for a second
>(Literaly) blew out all my legacy data. I have a zip back up which I opened
>but so many notes full of data are gone. Is there anywhere I can look for
>it?
>
>Eliz

_________________________________________________________________
Windows Liveā„¢ Messenger has arrived. Click here to download it for free!
http://imagine-msn.com/messenger/launch80/?locale=en-gb



Legacy User Group guidelines can be found at: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp

To find past messages, please go to our searchable archives at: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/

For online technical support, please visit http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp

To unsubscribe please visit: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/LegacyLists.asp



Legacy User Group guidelines can be found at: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp

To find past messages, please go to our searchable archives at: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/

For online technical support, please visit http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp

To unsubscribe please visit: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/LegacyLists.asp

Reply via email to