Flash drives usually only are noticed by the
computer when plugged in.  If one plugs them into
a different port they often are given a different
drive letter.  They are temporary plugNplay
equipment.  They often are referred to as
PlugNPlay, Hot-swappable, USB powered.  I have
never seen nor used a U3 flash.  I just zeroed in
on them recently when a friend mentioned one.  I
am in no hurry, right now I am getting used to my
first Mac after always using a PC.  There's a
discussion of U3 at

http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-7588-0.html?forumID=70&threadID=174791&messageID=1920925

The final message in the discussion may keep me
from trying U3 for awhile.

http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-7588-0.html?forumID=70&threadID=174791&messageID=2054398

Elaine

How do they get deer to cross the road only
at those yellow road signs?

Hello Susan

On Sunday, July 23, 2006, you wrote