-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dave Naylor
Sent: Monday, 31 July 2006 11:03:AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] English UK language issue

On 30 Jul 2006  Jack Earnshaw wrote:

> On the Family View tab, and elsewhere, the term "Granduncle" and
> "Grandaunt". This is a term I've never heard used by anyone in the UK.
> The term we use is "Great Uncle" and "Great Aunt". Is there a way to
> alter this wording in the system?

This was discussed when I did the language translations for the UK
and Canada.  I believed (and still do) that the terms Granduncle,
Grandaunt, Grandniece and Grandnephew should be changed to Great- for
the UK and Canadian English.  Dave Berdan of Millennia believes that
Grand- is the correct usage for these terms (which fits in with
Grandmother, Grandfather, Grandson and Granddaughter) instead of
Great- and that they shouldn't be changed to fit in with current
usage.

If Millennia can be convinced that it's best to have these terms as
Great- then it's a simple matter to change them in the language files
for these languages.  Perhaps if you can find an authoritative source
for the correct terms . . .

Cheers, -- Dave N.
--
  David Naylor, Halton Hills, Ontario, Canada.