I hope I do not start a combative thread on “what’s best” but my query is aimed at those of use with GEO files.

Suppose you have an ancestor in Colorado. You do not know the county, nor know the town/city where the ancestor died. Given that GEO uses four columns of data for locations, how are you entering this?

Are you saying Colorado, Colorado, Colorado, USA ?  I think that is a little misleading, because GEO tries to use “Colorado” as a city, and also as a state. What about “ , , Colorado, USA” ? Does that work for you? GEO has a problem with simply “Colorado, USA” but I could ignore the message.

Thank you.

Robert

Legacy User Group guidelines can be found at: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp

To find past messages, please go to our searchable archives at: http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com/