-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Sharon
Perdue
Sent: 12 August 2006 21:38
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Event Definition & Timeline Sharing

I have added several, mostly so I could make the sentence structure fit the
source.

For instance "Land" - this could be bought sold, inherited in addition to
owned, so I added:
Land - bought
    [HeShe] bought land [Desc] [onDate] [inPlace].[Sources] [Notes] Land -
inherited
    [HeShe] inherited land [Desc] [onDate] [inPlace].[Sources] [Notes] Land
- sold
    [HeShe] sold land [Desc] [onDate] [inPlace].[Sources] [Notes]
             sample:
Christian Hurlocker sold land to Daniel Walker consisting of a 4 acre corner
lot located at the intersection of Fayetteville Road and Charleston Road on
21 Jan 1832 in Mount Pleasant, Cabarrus County, North Carolina.  Charleston
Road was the main supply route from Salisbury to the port of Charleston. It
is now called North Main Street.

Another is "Military".  I have added:
Military - battle
     [HeShe] was in a military war battle [Desc] [onDate]
[inPlace].[Sources] [Notes]
               Desc could be "during the US Civil War" or "in which he was
killed"
               sample:
John Howard was in a military battle which lasted From 19 Sep 1863 to 20 Sep
1863 in Chickamauga, Walker County, Georgia.  This last major battle in the
summer of 1863 happened along a small northern creek called Chicamauga.
General Braxton Bragg's forces attacked the Union army headed by General
Rosecrans on September 19, 1863. During the two days of bitter fighting,
there were 35,000 casualties. The confederate troops routed the federal
troops on the second day, causing President Lincoln to say that Rosecrans
was "confused and stunned, like a duck hit on the head." Family history has
it that John was shot in the chin during this battle.

Military - prisoner of war
Military - wounded
and
Military draft registration      (now that ancestry.com has these records
easily accessible for the US).
I added most of these so I could show the different locations the person
could be found, and so I could find all people who fought in the same
battles, or were in the same prison camps, etc.

Sharon Perdue