Eva,
This may be an idea that works, but I don't know - I did not test it.

Can you export the tagged people into a new tree. Run your search and
replace. Then merge these people back, having it keep the "new" info,
overriding the old?

Perhaps someone on the list who has done merges might be able to say
yes or no. Or you could try a smaple run with, let's say, five tagged
people.

Susan

Hi, Everybody!

Is there a chance to use "search and replace" in a list of marked (tagged)
persons only?

I have to change hundreds of "suffixes" - but only in a special list of
persons.

Can anyone help - some tips and tricks???

Thanks for any suggestion.

Eva