Hi Ron,
You can add the children normally and then right click on one when in the Children Position and choose Children's Settings From there you can add Child Status, Relationship to Father, Relationship to Mother for each child.

If you know the natural parents, you can add them as a second set of parents.

If you want to record other details, you could make an event for each child and/or for your sister.
The current Adoption Event is set up for the child.
Sentences read [HeShe] was adopted [onDate] [inPlace] by [Desc].[Sources] [Notes] etc

Cathy