From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2006 11:56 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] Research Guidance component of Legacy.

I've been attempting to use the Legacy Research Guidance tool.

So I'm investigating Ancestor X1.

I've used Legacy Research Guidance to (Step 1) create a timeline for him and
(Step 2) Preliminary Survey-- linked databases-- then done a search on him
on the ,e.g., LDS FamilySearch site.

And that database has some files and I want to compare some of THEIR info
with the data I've already entered into Legacy.

But I can't find a way to view any of MY data (except for the timeline I've
created for the particular individual) OR to add any notes!?!

I tried to open Legacy a 2nd time so I could have the data file available
but was unable to do so.

Can anybody tell me how to do this?

Of course I could export all my info to Family TreeMaker and use that but
that's a nuisance and not very practical -- for example, if I want to take
notes on anything I find -- well I guess I'd just have to use an independent
Word processor to have the info readily available.

So -- is there a way to switch back and forth between Research Guidance
screens and my Legacy data??

Or is it possible to open Legacy a 2nd time -- does that make sense?

Thanks as ever,

Pat