Personally I just use the census event for all people in the house. My event
definition looks like this

[FirstHeShe] appeared on the census of [Date] at [Address], [Place], listed
as the [-Desc]. [CR][CR][Notes]

This would transcibe into something like

Robert appeared on the census of 3 Apr 1881 at 83 Hunter St, Middlesbrough,
Yorkshire, England, UK listed as the son of John and Mary age 18, a labourer
in the iron works.

So you can see I use the description field to show the relationship,age and
occupation. In the notes I would enter a full transcript of the census but
always surround this with [[ ]] to make it private. I can choose to print
the private comments if I wish.

Just my tuppence worth.

Keith Bage
BAGE One Name Study (GOONS registered # 4451)
www.bage.org.uk

P. S. Check out Legacy Family Tree today!
This full featured genealogy program can be downloaded FREE at
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Index.asp?mid=5917ADi