I would recommend getting free website pages on Rootsweb.  You need to request it but if you have a genealogy related sites its free.  You also can use FTP to upload you web pages created by Legacy.

http://freepages.rootsweb.com/ (If the link doesn't work look for duplication of the link)

Renee Zamora

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, September 15, 2006 5:33 PM
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] why do these < > show up on some of my locations?

Hi Carol,

That's a bit of a pain. Have you looked at Freewebs who I think offer 40MB
of storage F.O.C. There may be some conditions attached to this but maybe
worth a look at. Yahoo's Geocities also offers 15MB Free
http://geocities.yahoo.com/. Googling "Free Webpages" (no inverted commas)
gives a number of other free websites.

For Genealogy, Software and Social visit:
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fergys/
*New Blogs: Transparency with The GIMP, Downloadable UK History Timeline *
Includes the family tree for Alan J Grimshaw
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fergys/Grimshaw/

>From: "Carol" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
>Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] why do these < > show up on some of my locations?
>Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 16:08:10 -0500
>
>Ron,
>
>I posted that before I had to end up deleting my web pages created by
>Legacy.  I had too much information and not enough storage, and so my files
>weren't uploading correctly, etc.  This was actually not a Residence Event;
>it was just showing up on some of the  Legacy web pages with birth and
>death
>information.   In Legacy, it would show up as ", Lawrence County, Arkansas"
>without the quotes, but then on some web pages the angle brackets would
>appear.  It wasn't confined to just the Lawrence County Arkansas location;
>there were others affected as well.   I didn't want the angle brackets.
>
>It's a moot point for me now, as my web pages are gone.
>
>Carol
>

> > Carol, I don't know the answer to this at present but would be willing
> > try an reproduce the eefect. I assume that this is a Residence Event, if
>so
> > is the address whcih you have on the Individual Screen typed as <,
>Lawrence
> > County, Arkansas> ie the usual nomencliture for an assumed address, or
> > something else? It would also be helpful if you could give the URL of a
>page
> > for a Family Group page for which the index shows this effect, or
> > alternatively an URL for the idex page and the name to look for. I
>assume
> > also that you do not want the angle brackets - is this correct?
> >
> > Ron Ferguson

Windows LiveT Messenger has arrived. Click here to download it for free!

Legacy User Group guidelines can be found at: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp

To find past messages, please go to our searchable archives at: http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com/

For online technical support, please visit http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp