Hi Paul,
Are you talking about duplicate people, duplicate family files, or duplicate lines within your family file? Duplicate lines occur when there is more than one marriage between different lines. eg when cousins marry.

Or since you've been using Passage Express, are you confusing the Legacy file you can add to PE with your real family file and getting a duplicate file?

PE opens the Legacy file you add to PE in a temp folder - but it has the same name as the family file you used to create it - unless the Deluxe version is different in this respect. Since it opens in Legacy, it looks exactly the same as your family file. They may have added a note to warn you that it is actually a duplicate file.

Cheers,
Cathy