Thank you very much for that helpful answer. The registry question was the one that bothered me the most, because it affected both 5 and 6. If I go to 6, I will buy the deluxe edition on a CD, so I can install it both places.

I had major computer problems all spring, and had to go from 98SE (which I prefer) to 2000 and XP. At one point my original hard drive went bad, and I had to reinstall everything . Fortunately my data was backed up. When I reinstalled Legacy 5 from the CD, I found that my data could no longer be read because it had been created off the updates. I managed to get Legacy 5 updated enough to be able to access my data, but it is not great, and I need to look at updates again.

The one good feature about having 2 computers is that my data is not in danger of being attacked by an internet virus, because the internet access is on a totally different machine. It does make updates difficult, however.

Thanks again for a very useful answer.

         Elizabeth C

Cathy wrote:

Hi Elizabeth,

Visual issues with Legacy 6.
The main one I think is the new icons. They're the bit that you can't change.

Some find it difficult to see when they are coloured and when not. Their visibility is changed somewhat by the colour you choose for the background/panel. You will probably want to try various colour combinations (Options > Customise - Colour Tab)

Legacy needs to be installed on both computers - yes it does write to the registry. So you need to move the installation program from one computer to the other and then install it on your 2000 computer. To update, you'd need to download the full program again, transfer it to the other computer and run it.

Yes Legacy 6 has been updated several times. Current version is build 110

Hope that helps,
Cathy