On 5 Oct 2006  ronald ferguson wrote:

> I don't think so Dave. I set "Prompt for Detail" ages ago and have not
> had to touch it since. After clocking the bar icons the edit detail
> page always crops up.

You are of course correct.  I was thinking about the way it used to
work in an earlier version -- I think ver. 4. when there was a real
Event Clipboard.

What happens now is that there are 2 clipboards -- the Source
Clipboard and the Event Clipboard.  The latter isn't really a
clipboard -- it used to be -- it is now the actual event that was
"copied" and it includes that event's source and source detail.
BTW, this change is one I really disliked as it prevents making
changes to an event after saving it, as the "saved" event is then
also changed (because they are one and the same).  So now I have to
remember the change and then go back and make it after all pastings
of that event have been completed.

The "saved" event doesn't have a "Prompt for Detail".  So for Pat to
get what she wants she needs to also go to the  the Assigned Sources
window and copy that event's sourcing to the Source Clipboard by
clicking the Copy Source to Clipboard icon.  Then she can have a
"Prompt for Detail".

One *big* caution here for everyone . . . if you save an event to the
Event Clipboard, don't think that the Source Clipboard now contains
the sourcing for that event -- it doesn't!  So when pasting an event
and its source and you come across something else that needs the same
source you must do as mentioned above and copy that event's sourcing
to the Source Clipboard in order to re-use it.

Cheers, -- Dave N.
--
  David Naylor, Halton Hills, Ontario, Canada.
---