From: "Liz Graydon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] Witnesses
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 20:58:24 +0100

As a new user I would be interested to know what others do in storing details of witnesses on marriage certificates.  Do you add them to the marriage notes only or do you create a separate person in the database, but do not link them - what I am thinking is that often in research you do find that these people are related in some way.  If you only record them in notes surely they are then not instantly obvious when doing further research, whereas in my paper records I keep a sheet for them in alphabetical order and can find them at a glance.

Windows Live™ Messenger has arrived. Click here to download it for free! http://imagine-msn.com/messenger/launch80/?locale=en-gb