If the database was on CD the file properties are probably read only.
Right click on the file, select properties and remove the tag from read only (not sure about the terms because I use the Dutch version of windows xp).
If the file is still on CD than you have to move the file to Hard Disk, Legacy cannot open databases from CD.
Evert