I experimented with this today. It will work in Paint which is a free software on Windows and also in Word.
For Paint go to Start>All Programs>Accessories>Paint. When the Paint screen opens go to Edit>Paste and it should be there.
Don't expect any recognition when you hit Print Screen (prt sc) and on a laptop you may need to hit a function key if the prt sc so indicates.
In Word after hitting prt sc open Word then Edit>paste and you're off and running.
Nick Cirillo Fairfax VA

Roger Lewis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
The last couple of suggestions make it sound like you need Excel or
WordPerfect. Not so. If you have a Windows PC, you should have a program
called WordPad.

(For those not familiar with it, WordPad is a simple word processor that
is/was included with almost all versions of Microsoft Windows from Windows
95 upwards. It is more advanced than Notepad, but nowhere near as advanced
as Microsoft Word. It originated in Windows 3.1 as Write.)

After pressing "Prnt Screen", open a new document in WordPad, and:

- Using the menus, select Edit, then Paste
or
- Click on the Paste icon
or
- Right mouse click and select Paste.

Possibly you will have to resize the image after it is pasted into WordPad
in order to prevent the right edge from being cut off. This is easily done
by using your mouse to grab the right edge of the image and dragging it to
the left a little bit.